Step 1. Complete the Pre-Enrolment Application
Step 2. Interview at the school, If you are unable to attend an interview, we may have an email or phone interview with you.
Step 3. You are advised if your application is accepted. A letter offering you a place at the school detailing start dates and an invoice for fees is sent to you.
Step 4. Payment of fees, the school will advise the methods of payment.
Step 5: Commence classes
Please complete the pre-enrolment form and return it to us or apply online at www.hungrycreek.ac.nz.
We will arrange a time for you to come for an interview and view the school.
Requirements for Diploma
Those who successfully complete the Certificate in Art and Craft, are accepted into Diploma in Art and Craft year two. Those who successfully complete the Certificate in Jewellery are accepted into Diploma in Jewellery year two.
Art and Craft Diploma (Advanced): Open to those who have completed the Diploma in Art & Craft, Diploma in Jewellery or a similar study at another institution.
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING
If the applicant has completed relevant study at another tertiary institution, they may apply for recognition. This may include related study at a tertiary institution in New Zealand or overseas or work in a related field. To be discussed further at an interview
1. Complete the Pre-Enrolment Application
2. We may ask you to submit a portfolio of any work you have completed in order to assess your level of entry.
3. If you are unable to attend an interview, we may have an email or phone interview with you.
4. If English is your second language you are required to submit proof of your command of English. Tests are IELTS, TOEFL? paper or internet based, University of Cambridge and other tests. Contact the school for a list. Results of the test must be sent with your application.
5. You are advised if your application is accepted. A letter offering you a place at the school detailing start dates and an invoice for fees is sent to you.
6. Payment of fees the school will advise the methods of payment.
7. You can now apply for a study visa/permit. You will need the following papers for the study visa/permit application:
a. A letter of Placement from the School
b. Payment of fees. A receipt as evidence fees has been paid.
c. An address in New Zealand where you will be staying (we can assist you in finding accommodation)
d. Evidence of medical and travel insurance for the duration of your study
e. Evidence of sufficient funds to cover the length of your visit.
Once your visa has been approved contact the school. Your enrolment is complete. Advise the school of your intended date of arrival in New Zealand. We can meet you at the airport and transport you to your accommodation.Please bring to school your passport, entry details, student visa and medical insurance details to copy and hold on file.